The PhD Programme is a postgraduate academic title that represents the highest degree of university education in the Italian academic system. It lasts three years and the degree is awarded subject to the acquisition of 180 CFU (60 per year).
The educational activity of the Course in Work, Development and Innovation is divided into lectures, seminars, exercises, practical application of skills through corporate internships, basic research and research aimed at specific thesis projects.
In order to guide the doctoral student in the planning and implementation of his/her training pathway, a tutor/supervisor – and eventually a co-tutor – with whom an active and constant collaboration is envisaged is assigned
Dall’anno accademico 2017/2018, ha assunto una nuova fisionomia articolandosi in 2 curricula:
Since the 2017/2018 academic year, it has taken on a new structure by being divided into 2 curricula:
Work, Development and Innovation
The following credits are required for admission to the following year of the doctoral research programme:
- 1st year – (60 credits)
- PhD courses: 21 compulsory credits
- Doctoral seminars: up to nine compulsory credits; optional credits (including external seminars / conferences) as agreed with the tutor.
- Other activities (research, teaching and practical experience or internships): contribute to the remaining credits. In particular, doctoral research candidates are required to take an active part in workshops and conferences as well as research groups
- 2nd year – (60 credits)
- Seminars / courses / conferences (including external conferences): compulsory up to 9 credits; optional maximum 6 credits (if the threshold of 60 in total has not already been exceeded)
- Other activities (research, teaching and practical experience or internships): minimum 45 credits.
- 3rd year – (60 credits)
- Seminars / courses / conferences: compulsory up to 9 credits; optional maximum 6 credits (if the threshold of 60 in total has not already been exceeded)
- Other activities (research, teaching and possible internship): minimum residual 45 credits.
- The third year will be devoted almost exclusively to the preparation of the doctoral research thesis.
Courses will be on-line or in presence depending on the health and safety norms with regards to COVID-19 at the starting of the courses.
* Industrial PhD students or students engaged in internships may request the permission of their tutor to obtain credits by distributing the compulsory courses over a period of two or three years. In addition, it is possible to design a research programme by selecting the taught courses most relevant to the research project from the candidate’s own doctoral programme and from other courses within the doctoral research school